1. What do you think is the cruelest part of the Hunger Games?
2. Do you see any parallels between the Games and the society that condones them, and other related events and cultures in the history of the world?
3. What aspects of our popular culture (like Reality TV) do you see reflected in this story?
4. Do you think Katniss did the right thing to fight for the equipment?
5. When did you realize/believe that Peeta’s feelings for Katniss were real, and how did you feel about his feelings for her?
1. What did you think about Gale and Katniss’ relationship after the games?
2. As you read, what did you think Katniss’ feelings were toward Peeta? Gale?
3. What were you thinking/feeling when President Snow was in her house?
4. What did you think about the Victory Tour?
5. Did you figure out Plutarch’s part?
6. What were your thoughts about the ending?
1. What did you think about District 13? Did you have any idea about it?
2. Did you agree with Katniss becoming the Mockingjay?
3. What did you think of the “Peeta development?”
4. What did you think of Katniss and Gale’s relationship?
5. Did you have any kind of hope in this book, and what was it for?
6. What do you think really happened with the children near the end?
7. How did you feel about the way things ended up?
1. How is the society of Panem like others you have seen in movies or read in books?
2. How did you feel about Katniss’ self-image throughout the trilogy?
3. Overall thoughts and feelings about the actions and directions Katniss’ relationships were with the competing males?
4. What would you have done the same or differently as various characters in the books? (Pick whatever character and situations you want to discuss here.)
5. Favorite part(s)?
6. Least favorite part(s)?