Thus, we are going to celebrate Dr. Seuss. (This would probably be a good time to be familiar with Seussical, don't you think? Oh well.)
First, I shall post the Google image from a couple of years ago that celebrated Seuss. I loved it so much, I had to save it.
Next, we shall play...
Name That Seuss!
I shall post quotes or passages from his works. You name the book they come from. Post your answers/guesses in the comments. The winner will get all-around Seuss Bragging Rights. (I'd offer to give you a Seuss work of your choice, but I can't even afford to buy a book for myself. Maybe next year!)
1. "A person's a person no matter how small."
2. "You have brains in your head."
3. "I am I."
4. "Jerry Jordan's Jelly Jar"
5. "...but down on the bottom we, too, should have rights!"
6. "Not on a train."
7. "Think left and think right and think low and think high."
8. "He can TICK"
9. "'Cause you never can tell What goes on down below"
10. "Oh the things you can find if you don't stay behind!"
And finally we have...
Fill in the Seuss!
Complete each Seuss quote or passage and you will get TWO pats on the back from Thing One and Thing Two.
1. "That cat is a bad one, ________________________."
2. "I meant what I said and I said what I meant. _______________________________."
3. "You're in pretty good shape __________________."
4. "Unless someone like you care a whole lot, _______________________________________. _______."
5. "When I say that I __________________________."