1. What were your impressions of Ani/Isi in the first few chapters? Did you relate to her in any way?
2. Did you have suspicions about Selia before the trip began?
3. In my opinion, there are so many well-written characters in this book. Ones you just love, and ones you just don’t. It’s one of the best things about the book! So let’s hear some of your thoughts on the following:
other minor character
4. Because we love them so--OK, because I love them so--I saved Isi and Geric for their own question. What were your thoughts about Isi as the book progressed? What were your thoughts on Geric? Did you have your suspicions about him?
5. How did you feel about Falada?
6. Did you think the magical/mystical elements worked in the book? Were they believable? Did they flow well in the story?
7. What was your favorite “scene” in the book?
8. What was your least favorite “scene?”
9. What was your favorite part of the book?
10. What was you least favorite part?
11. What are your thoughts on Hale’s writing style?
12. Have you read any of Hale’s other works? What are your impressions in comparison?