"And to this purpose"

"If people like to read their books, it is all very well, but to be at so much trouble in filling great volumes, which, as I used to think, nobody would willingly ever look into, to be labouring only for the torment of little boys and girls, always struck me as a hard fate; and though I know it is all very right and necessary, I have often wondered at the person's courage that could sit down on purpose to do it." (In other words: rambling analyses, opinions, ideas, views, and comments from an English major, Essay/paper-writing enthusiastic, Austen-loving Master Librarian on, well, Jane Austen...and a whole lot of other things, too.)

"Celebrated Passages are Quoted"

Heidi's favorite quotes


"What is it really like to be engaged?" asked Anne curiously. "Well, that all depends on who you're engaged to," answered Diana, with that maddening air of superior wisdom always assumed by those who are engaged over those who are not."— L.M. Montgomery

Friday, November 12, 2010

I've been a reading maniac

Really.

And I have way too many sitting on my "Checked Out from the Library" shelf which I know I will never finish before the end of the year. I mean--we're halfway through November on Monday!!! Where did my year go!?!?

I still haven't any clue how I've managed to read as many books I have, especially considering my extreme busyness in and out of work AND my problem with print books.

(Problem = falling asleep before 1 page is read.)

45 print books. 45! (Obviously not counting the 300+ children's picture books.) Including the 63 audio, this places me at 108 books (of 100+ pages) read so far this year. That's 2 shy of last year's total. And you know I'm not done reading for the year.

So much for my goal to read less. I suppose that goal had to go out the window when I moved over to the Children's department. And with my YA Book Challenge, all those poor Juvenile Fiction titles which I should have been reading were not being read. I'm not sure if I'll do that many challenges next year. Probably just the S'n'H one. We'll see....

Anywho. The next few posts are the various challenges I have embarked on, with some updates. The updates are the levels. Since I surpassed all of my levels already, I thought I would up a few and then report. Then I'll focus the last 6 weeks of the year trying to complete the S'n'H Challenge.

1 comment:

Sara Lyn said...

Oi. You should see my luggage coming home. Mostly books. Heh, heh.