The 2010 Book Challenge (for the Brambler and me) has begun! This should definitely help me in reaching my 75 YA books goal. Have fun if you join in!
2010 Reading Challenge – First book to count for any category has to be a new book to you. Rereads only count after you’ve completed the category.
1) Picture books
1) Author to match every letter of the alphabet (Last names, that is.)
x. You get a free five points for x. 15 points if you actually find an author whose last name starts with x. :)
2) Retold fairy tale
3) A book written between 1951 and 2009
4) Throwaway category – Any book that doesn’t fit in any other category.
1) A book you own you haven’t read yet
2) A book with a body of water in the title (river, ocean, lake…)
3) A book with a Title in the title (The Count of Monte Cristo)
4) A book with a plant in the title (A Tree Grows in Brooklyn)
5) A book set in a place you’ve wanted to visit/have visited
6) A book with a movie adaptation. Then watch the movie.
7) A book written between 1776 and 1850.
8) A book written between 1851 and 1900.
9) A book written between 1901 and 1950.
10) A book about war.
1) A book from the London Times' Best Books of the Decade list. (Can look at either http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/262697-london-times-best-books-of-the-decade
2) A book about science
3) A book about American History
4) A book about language/writing
6) A book by a Goodreads author
7) A book written in 2010.
1) A book with over 600 pages
2) A book you’ve been meaning to read for years (maybe have even started), but haven’t gotten around to finishing yet.
3) A book about a political figure/politics
4) A book written before 1776.