"And to this purpose"

"If people like to read their books, it is all very well, but to be at so much trouble in filling great volumes, which, as I used to think, nobody would willingly ever look into, to be labouring only for the torment of little boys and girls, always struck me as a hard fate; and though I know it is all very right and necessary, I have often wondered at the person's courage that could sit down on purpose to do it." (In other words: rambling analyses, opinions, ideas, views, and comments from an English major, Essay/paper-writing enthusiastic, Austen-loving Master Librarian on, well, Jane Austen...and a whole lot of other things, too.)

"Celebrated Passages are Quoted"

Heidi's favorite quotes


"What is it really like to be engaged?" asked Anne curiously. "Well, that all depends on who you're engaged to," answered Diana, with that maddening air of superior wisdom always assumed by those who are engaged over those who are not."— L.M. Montgomery

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas with Jane - 10

In hopes of releiving my melancholy, by directing my thoughts to other objects, they have invited several of their freinds to spend the Christmas with us.
-Love and Freindship




This is my problem. I have yet to discuss activity/visiting plans with my family. Which means I have been unable to plan with friends--who still reside near my home (amazing that people can still be there--I'm sadly too accustomed to moving all the time!)--when, where, and what we shall do. Not to mention that I won't be able to invite others to come and spend with me. It is me hoping they invite me to go spend with them. I don't doubt there will be invitations, it's just that I'm more comfortable hosting in my home than I am being the guest. And it's been some years since I've seen some friends and, well...


Me the Worrywort. The excitement is still there, but some unnecessary, brought-upon-myself anxiety is creeping in. At least I don't have to worry about absolving melancholy with this planning. For I'm already joyously happy!

No comments: